PortEV Forum Index PortEV
Electric Vehicle Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Ya'll

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorWilson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Hey Ya'll Reply with quote

Hey, Ya'll!!

Well, that's what they say down here, anyway.

I'm a newby to the EV world. I started my quest for EVdom back in January when gas cleared $2 a gallon here in Nashville. After searhing the net for a while, I thought EVs were an impossible task here in NASCAR land. Every time I brought up the subject I got a deer-in-the-headlights look from everyone. Most of my co-workers thought I'd lost it. Since gas is now near to or over $3 a gallon, they are all thinking twice about EVs and EVeryone wants a ride in my EV.

While searching the net I found the EVDL where I eventually found Tom and others that have helped out imeasurably. Right now, I own two Solectria E-10 pickups. I've got one just about sold, but I'm waiting on title from Tennessee: they take up to 10 weeks here for some reason. Anyway, I found my E-10s on the EVDL tradin' post. They were for sale in Arizona. I went out and picked them up on the 15th of July and have been fixing little problems and cleaning out the desert ever since.

I have found the learning curve on EVs is steep and fast but with help from some of the great people on the net like Tom, I've been able to overcome every problem.

Now that I have one EV that I will keep after I sell the other truck, I plan on building a conversion. I haven't figured out what yet, but I'll have plenty of choices down here in the south that don't have any rust on them.

I'm in the middle of creating my web site for my EV projects so I'll keep this forum up to date on my progress.

Electric all the way!!!

Plug in the cord... not the pump!
Jimmy Argon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major!
We (in the Az EAA club) were waiting for the rest of the fleet to go on sale but we werent watching the right places I guess. Embarassed At least now I know who got those trucks. I am a NASCAR fan too, the lack of noise tends to baffle most race fans but the speed always wins them over.

MajorWilson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy, I got two of them and Jeff Simpson got the other two. There was also a Force but I don't know who got that one. I think Jeff was going to take his two apart and make one vehicle based on a 98 Firebird. That would be a great transformation for an E-10 parts.

I'm not sure when the trucks went on sale from APS but I got them from Kevin Morrow when he listed them on the EVDL tradin' post in late June.

I think I may have the other truck sold as soon as I get the title back from the state. I can't wait to get going on a conversion.

Plug in the cord... not the pump!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PortEV Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: