PortEV Forum Index PortEV
Electric Vehicle Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Howdy!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThomasHudson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Howdy! Reply with quote

I'm Tom Hudson, and I run this website. It's basically a way to show people that EVs exist and can be very useful vehicles -- They aren't just golf carts: They can haul people, cargo and can run at highway speeds. They go far enough to be a great second vehicle, or even a primary vehicle if you don't need to drive long distances.

My wife read a book called "Solo: Life with an electric car" back in the early 90's and it spurred us to look at EVs. Our first EV was a 1997 Solectria Force with lead-acid batteries. Several years ago, we upgraded it to NiCD batteries to extend its range. We also bought a used Solectria E-10 pickup, which is a converted Chevy S-10. We use it almost daily in the summer to haul supplies and debris for our gardening hobby.

Our Force is powered by solar panels atop our house -- They provide enough electricity to run it, so our Force is truly pollution-free. That was a fun experiment, and it has paid off.

Links:
Our EVs
Our Solar Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PortEV Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: