PortEV Forum Index PortEV
Electric Vehicle Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jacob's photos and question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThomasHudson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Jacob's photos and question Reply with quote

Jacob sent me these images yesterday via email (before I had image attachments working here on the forum).

His question:

Since one of my UMOC340 controllers is malfunctioning, I've been looking
into replacement(s). With my configuration, would the UMOC440 or 445TF work with my motors etc? The gentleman selling the DC-DC converter also has these 2 controllers available. So far I can't find a spec sheet on the 440, but this guy say they work in the same application. I have not confirmed that yet. The 445 specs seem to be ok (from my newby view) except for peak and continous power. The kW are much higher, but voltage range is fine. Can my ACgtx20's handle this extra power?

Normally, I'd say you'd be able to dial down the controller's current via programming it to a lower value (this would be with the Brusa AMC controllers), but I'm not too familiar with the Solectria UMOC models. I'll have to look at the PDF manual you sent (I can't upload that right now due to some sort of technical snag in the file attachment handler).

Anybody else dealt with the Solectria UMOC units that can give Jacob an answer?

Picture 2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.26 KB
 Viewed:  1067 Time(s)

Picture 2.png

Picture 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.23 KB
 Viewed:  986 Time(s)

Picture 1.png

ThomasHudson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Jacob's UMOC manual upload. I neglected to allow document uploads. D'oh!

Jacob, I'd say it looks like this would do the trick, but I'd definitely talk to someone at Azure/Solectria to play it safe. Ask them if they have programming data for your motor type and this controller, and if you can get the software to program it, or if they'll have to do the programming. Looks like the unit has a 9-pin connector on the side for programming, so if you can get the actual programming data and software, you'd probably be good to go.

My guess is that Azure will want to do the programming themselves... Rolling Eyes

umoc445tf.pdf
 Description:
UMOC445tf manual

Download
 Filename:  umoc445tf.pdf
 Filesize:  201.85 KB
 Downloaded:  1359 Time(s)

terryjm1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: UMOC445 or 440 Reply with quote

Yes, they will work. Acting on the advise of the founder of Solectria, I purchased two new 445TFs.

The only real downside is the 445tf controller is too tall to fit under the bed. I am having the cooling fins machined and am installing shorter cooling fans to allow installation in the orginal location of the 340s.

Im not sure about the height of the regular 445 or 440. It might be ok.

They will need to be reprogrammed. Solectria did it for me before they shipped them. However, I wish they would just provide the software.

It was strongly recommended to me they only be used in matched pairs. You would not want to use a 340 with a 440.

However, I have a perfectly functioning spare UMOC340 I would part with. Or, if you buy a pair of ebay controllers, I would buy your good 340 from you so I would have a good spare pair of matched controllers.

Jacob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Appreciation for Tom Reply with quote

Tom, thanks so much for doing this for us. It really shows your dedication to the EV cause.

Question about how this works. I tried to set preferences in my profile so that I'd get an email whenever anyone posts anything, but so far haven't received any emails. Is that not the way it's supposed to work?
Thanks...Jacob
ThomasHudson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Appreciation for Tom Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Tom, thanks so much for doing this for us. It really shows your dedication to the EV cause.

It's probably more related to the fact that I'm a complete computer geek... Rolling Eyes

Jacob wrote:
Question about how this works. I tried to set preferences in my profile so that I'd get an email whenever anyone posts anything, but so far haven't received any emails. Is that not the way it's supposed to work?

Well, you're set up to receive emails when someone replies to one of your posts (for example, you should get a notification that I sent this). I don't think the forum has a notification system that will tell you if anyone posts anything in any section (though it could be added -- It probably wouldn't be a big deal to add that for people who want it).

Jacob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: this forum Reply with quote

Yes, if it was easy enough, I'd like to receive emails whenever someone on the Solectria E-10 forum sends a message, or better yet, as a digest.
ThomasHudson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob, I added this feature (Watch Forum) today. Go check out the announcement:

http://portev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15

Jacob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks for that again Tom Reply with quote

Thanks
misch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Appreciation for Tom Reply with quote

ThomasHudson wrote:

It's probably more related to the fact that I'm a complete computer geek...

Well .. you seem to be a PHP master. And, yes, I know, it might be off topic, but since I am one of those unfortunate individuums that happen to know most computers, operatings-systems and languages, it might be fun to talk to you about computer-'geekism'. Maybe via email?

Michaela
ThomasHudson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Appreciation for Tom Reply with quote

misch wrote:
Well .. you seem to be a PHP master. And, yes, I know, it might be off topic, but since I am one of those unfortunate individuums that happen to know most computers, operatings-systems and languages, it might be fun to talk to you about computer-'geekism'. Maybe via email?

Sure -- Drop me an email whenever. I'm still getting up to speed on PHP, mostly because I haven't had to work with it that much. I also run a very heavily used space art site (http://solarvoyager.com) and have had to learn PHP to adjust some things to respond to user requests. Nothing like plunging in with both feet to get you up to speed on something!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PortEV Forum Index -> Solectria E-10 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: