PortEV Forum Index PortEV
Electric Vehicle Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need motor controller help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abredschneider

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Need motor controller help Reply with quote

Hi everybody!
My name is Arnie. I bought an S-10 a couple of years ago thinking I would be able to handle any problems that came up. I've solved some bad battery problems, replacing drive belts, and I know I have at least one bad motor controller. (So I ran on just one for a while.) Now I get zero response from the other one and tried changing the pot with no success. (Bought two from Azure dynamics). I might have another bad controller. The controllers say "Solectria" on them and have two 4.5" fans on top.

Anybody out there that works on these ? Or is another one available?
I would appreciate any help I can find here.

Arnie

Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Need motor controller help Reply with quote

I might be able to take a look at it.

It does not sound like the standard AMC32X controllers that are found in E-10s.

What year and voltage is the truck?

abredschneider wrote:
Hi everybody!
My name is Arnie. I bought an S-10 a couple of years ago thinking I would be able to handle any problems that came up. I've solved some bad battery problems, replacing drive belts, and I know I have at least one bad motor controller. (So I ran on just one for a while.) Now I get zero response from the other one and tried changing the pot with no success. (Bought two from Azure dynamics). I might have another bad controller. The controllers say "Solectria" on them and have two 4.5" fans on top.

Anybody out there that works on these ? Or is another one available?
I would appreciate any help I can find here.

Arnie

abredschneider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: motor contoller problems Reply with quote

Wolf,
My S-10 is a 1996 with about 7000 miles on it. I presume it is 276 volts, since it has 23, 12 volt batteries in it. The motors are 150 v AC Induction motors Type ACgtx20. I think they are 3 phase, since they each have 3 heavy power cables going to them from the controllers.

There are no numbers or any other identification on the controllers other than the name Solectria on them. The guys I spoke with at Azure Dynamics suggested that the contollers were originally built by Brusa but that has been a dead end for me. If you want to send me your e-mail address, I can send you pictures of the contoller that is currently installed, and the one I recently opened. My e-mail is abredschneider@hotmail.com
Arnie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PortEV Forum Index -> Solectria E-10 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: