PortEV Forum Index PortEV
Electric Vehicle Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

276V E10 Service Manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaimikkelforlie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: 276V E10 Service Manual Reply with quote

Hey everybody. I am a new member looking for a downloadable E10 service manual. I while ago ('06) Terry from St. Louis posted that he had a PDF of a 276V E10 Service Manual available. I tried to reach him but no luck. Does anyone else have this version available for download? I found the 144V manual on the Yahoo Soelctria Owners' Site but if the 276V is available I'd love to have it (our truck was modified to the 276V configuration).

I, along with my partner Sheila, are very shortly taking delivery (maybe today!) of a 1994 E10 previously owned by a local utility. I've been reading the threads here and at the Yahoo group voraciously in preparation. I can speak for both of us when I say we are more than excited to join the Solectria family! Very Happy Thanks to everyone who has posted so much useful information. Its a great feeling knowing so many great people have banded together to help each other maintain such a monumentally important product! I look forward to joining the fray.

Kai
MajorWilson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kia, you said you have a 1994 E10. I don't think any of us knew about any 1994 models. I always thought I had about the first 1995 made. Are you sure its a 276 volt? I thought the first 276 volt versions were made in 1996. Anyway, the attachment manual is too big to send on the forum, I'll try to send it to your on-line email connection.

Plug in the cord... not the pump!
kaimikkelforlie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: 1994 276V E10 Reply with quote

Major,

We don't actually have the truck yet - hoping to pick it up maybe today or tomorrow. We drove it about two weeks ago. Until I actually get the truck in my hands, I am going off what information the broker provided and what I've been able to track down from the utility and the internet. The truck was first registered in 1995 and driven about 1000 miles a year and otherwise garaged until now (11,900 miles). It was donated by the utility to a local nonprofit which flipped it (with the help of one of its volunteers - the "broker") to fund its Alternative Fuel Pilot Project - the group fixes up donated late model cars and then provides them to low and moderate income individuals. They're currently converting a Saturn to an EV with the proceeds of the sale.

So, some more of what I do know: 7.5 foot bed, bench seat, kerosene heater + ceramic, the charger is behind the seat - don't know which model other than it accepts at least line voltage), and its wired for two strings of 12/each AGM batts (Interstates I think - don't know yet what model) and most likely battery heaters. According to the utility, a new set of batts was purchased in 2003, however the guy I spoke to couldn't find a record of when the "conversion" (from 144V to 276V) might have occurred. Having been in central Vermont since 1995 (and so close to the Solectria Mass. office) perhaps Solectria performed the switch - who knows - seems like weird history's grew out of the demonstration projects around here. [I'm guessing EVermont was also probably involved. They did some cool stuff, performed the cold weather testing for a bunch of different EV manufacturers and even installed a small four stroke "APU" under the hood on one of their E10's for hybrid battery charging.] I have a lot more to find out. The guy at the utility was very helpful and offered up his digital workorder history, etc. for my perusal. So, long story short, contrary to the seller's info, I suppose the truck could be a 1995.

The truck has the slight herky-jerkys during slow accelleration on during regen so perhaps a potbox change out or at least tweak is in the near future. I came across the thread on this very issue so I feel somewhat educated going in. Thanks for those posts everybody! Other than that, we'll see. BTW, its red!

More to follow.

Kai
MajorWilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off hand, I would really think it is a 144v truck. The reason being, you couldn't get two strings of 276 volts in there. The 276 is one string of 23 batteries and the 144 is two strings of 12 batteries. I know of one other guy that has a red one. Jagman. He got his from the Hawker battery company.

Let me know when you get it and we'll figure out if its 144 or 276. Oh, the charger being behind the seat also indicates to me its 144 because the charger that goes there will not get to 276 volts.

Jeff

Plug in the cord... not the pump!
kaimikkelforlie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: 276V vs 144V 1994(5) E10 Reply with quote

Jeff,

Just when I thought I had it figured out.... Laughing

I'll let you know when I take delivery.

Thanks!

Kai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PortEV Forum Index -> Solectria E-10 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: