PortEV Forum Index PortEV
Electric Vehicle Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got my new E-10LS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art Marquardt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Got my new E-10LS Reply with quote

Hello:
Just thought I would let everyone know I have received the E-10 in good condition and it is interesting. When I get a chance I will post pics of the charging setup they have inside it is for dump charging from batteries. I haven't figured how to hook it up for my charger I just need to change a connector and install the thermister.
The tires need to be changed.
Has anyone done research lately on the correct tires to put on the E-10?
ThomasHudson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes -- Please post some photos. What is the LS version?

My truck has Uniroyal Tiger Paws, but you might check to see if anyone makes a tire targeted for fuel efficiency -- Something you can inflate pretty high to reduce rolling resistance and increase your range.

If I get a chance I'll do some research today.

Oh, one other thing -- Art, did you have your truck moved south by Milwaukee on a flatbed some time back? My wife said she saw a truck that looked like an E-10 being hauled on I-43...

Art Marquardt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Phantom Truck Reply with quote

Tom:
Have not moved my truck am wondering who owns one around here. Mine just came up from Milwaukee. Thanks about the tires I am going to check around but haven't heard much about fuel economic tires for trucks.
ThomasHudson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some tire research. Looks like mine has 205/75R15's on it, they are Tiger Paws as I said. I didn't find anything like LRR tires for this size -- Apparently nobody with light trucks cares about fuel economy.

Just be sure to get a tire with the same load rating as what is on there now, and personally, I'd see if I could find a tire that has a max inflation higher than 35PSI -- I inflate the Nokians on my Force to the max inflation value so they maximize my range. That might be tricky, all the ones I found had max inflation of 35 PSI.

jagman_xjs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running 225 70 16s on my E10 .I found a nice set of chrome Catera wheels and adpated them to the truck .When these go bad I will change them out for a set of 225 75's .I also checked the tire sizes for the Prius and they are not even worried about LLR on them they are running 55 and 65 series tires .
MajorWilson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Art, sorry I forgot to weigh in on this one. I found some Goodyear Alegra P215 75R15 at Sam's Club for only about $55 each. They have a max pressure of 44psi. I run them at max pressure. They have pretty good rolling capacity as well.

Plug in the cord... not the pump!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PortEV Forum Index -> Solectria E-10 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: