PortEV Forum Index PortEV
Electric Vehicle Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering the sale of my E10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryjm1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Considering the sale of my E10 Reply with quote

After seeing Phils E10 reach a bid of $16,000 after only a few days on ebay, I have decided to test the waters with my E10. I am beginning work on building an E10 clone and I suppose it makes sense to let this one go.

In my opinion, it is much better than when it rolled out the door at Solectria. It has had both UMOCs replaced with brand new UMOC445 controllers. They have updated parameters and superior cooling as well as being much heavier duty than the original controllers. I replaced the DC/DC380 with a DC/DC750. There is no issue with power fade when electrical components are used. You can run everything and not notice a bit of power loss.

I have acquired a heavier duty DC30-500 air conditioning motor controller and the air conditioning motor is currently at the rebuilder getting new brushes and bearings.

I installed a new Zivan NG3 battery charger about a year ago.

It is the more rare 276 volt model.

It has the aluminum uprated lightweight rear axle that was installed in the later E10s.

I also recently installed new drive belts.

The truck has about 6700 miles and is in excellent condition with only a few minor dings and dents. The worst of which are on the rear bumper, which I have replacement ready to install.

The only negatives on the truck are the batteries and amp hour meter. The batteries need to be replaced. I have been procrastinating about installing them for a while. Perhaps it is better the new owner make that choice rather than be stuck with my choice.

The amp hour meter does not work, but I have been considering installing an e-meter for some time.

The truck also has the stylish S10 swirl alloy wheels. The tires are old with decent tread, but I am leaning toward replacing them.

It really is a very nice truck. If you look through the forum, you can see a couple pictures.

http://portev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195&highlight=#195

I will offer it here first for $17,000 in its current condition.

With new batteries and a new amp hour meter, I can not imagine a better E10 or for that matter a better small truck EV.

If nobody here wants it, I will finish up the repairs and list it on ebay with a firm reserve. I dont really want to let it go, but there is only so much room and money for the EVs in my garage.

If you have questions, email me direct at tmerrell2@sbcglobal.net

MajorWilson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terry.
I have a friend here in the Nashville area looking for one. I'll call him on Wednesday and see if he's interested. Is that OK with you?

Plug in the cord... not the pump!
terryjm1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Jeff, that would be fine.
terryjm1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Sold!! Reply with quote

Well, I sold my E10 to a gentleman from Florida that is a new EV owner. The sale price was $17,000 and I believe I could have gotten a couple thou more without much trouble.

I have gathered a majority of the parts I need to put together another E10 clone, buy I still need an AC55 motor and a few other odds and ends.

MajorWilson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see it go. My friend never got back to me. He missed out on a good truck.

I do think if you would have put it on eBay you may have gotten more. More like 19 to 20K. But I'm sure you made out pretty good anyway.

Not sure where you might find a used AC55 but you can get a new one from Victor T at Metricmind.com

Plug in the cord... not the pump!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PortEV Forum Index -> Solectria E-10 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: