PortEV Forum Index PortEV
Electric Vehicle Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air conditioning motor question (Help!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryjm1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Air conditioning motor question (Help!) Reply with quote

I have one problem left to repair on my E10 before I will be ready to make it fully operational. The air conditioning in my truck is dead. I have confirmed I am getting high voltage into the motor controller and the 12 volt trigger voltage from the AC relay. Therefore, I think the AC motor controller is bad.

I opened up the controller box and found a couple bad spots on the board. It kinda looks like a couple connections got hot enough to melt the solder right off.

My AC motor controller is a DC30-276. I have a spare DC30-500 that I purchased hoping it might come in handy some day. From what I can tell, the boards are identical aside from one having DC20 1995 printed on it and the other DC30 1998. I think a good electronics guy could modify the DC30-500 to work in place of the DC30-276. That being said, I am a bit confused about a couple things.

Why did my AC motor controller melt down?

I think my truck has the wrong AC motor in it. On the label on the motor, it is clearly marked 144 volts. Could it be that the utility company mechanic swapped in a motor from one of their 144 volt trucks?

My truck is a 276 volt truck. And if you read the thread on my drive motor/controller and DELTA/WYE problems, you know my truck likely had one of the drive motors swapped in from another truck, never to function again in the utility company's hands.

Could the wrong AC motor have fried my AC motor controller? I wouldnt want to ruin the replacement as soon as I hook it up.

So, I again have a favor to ask of the 276 volt........and 144 volt truck guys.

1. Please provide me the information on the label on your AC motor.

2. Please provide the information on the label on your AC motor controller.

3. Tell me if you have 276 or 144 volt truck.

Thanks again to all!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PortEV Forum Index -> Solectria E-10 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: